Greater Victoria Areas
35 Seagirt Road in SOOKE: Sk East Sooke Land for sale (Sooke) : MLS®# 408396$568,900Land
- MLS® Num:
- 408396WATERFRONT .46 acre with beautiful pebble beach on quiet cove overlooking small island. MUNICIPAL WATER supply. New hydro pole in place. Old home has little value but allows one to rebuild closer to the water than any of today's codes. Original septic system will need replacement. Truly a diamond in the rough in an area of prime protected sheltered waterfront, great for sailing, kayaking or canoeing. No dock. Close to Sooke, Langford, Metchosin & Colwood. Build your dream home here! More detailsListed by Sutton Group West Coast Realty
25 Seagirt Road in SOOKE: Sk East Sooke Single Family Detached for sale (Sooke) : MLS®# 408316$625,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 455 sq. ft.42 m2Quiet, OCEANFRONT BATCHELOR CABIN on a Pristine & Serene East-Facing Bay. Available plans to expand if desired. This Beautifully Landscaped Property with attractive Curb Appeal, has Wide Street & Water Frontage. A Natural Bubbling Waterfall at the property line, a Separate Seaside Studio to Enjoy, and Well Constructed Paths & Viewing Decks to the Pebbled Seashell Beach. Perfect opportunity for VACATION RENTAL or B&B as no speculation tax applies here! Newer Septic Treatment System for 3 Bdrm house and a Well Built Tool Shed is perfect for your tools & toys. The house has a Beautiful Napolean Woodstove that takes the chill out of any winter day, even with the windows open so you can still smell the ocean! So cozy & livable, always bright with Large Windows & Water view Deck off the Livingroom. Newer HWT. Perfect Location to Launch your Kayaks. Time to Explore! Great location with Proximity to Victoria. Only 20 min to Langford, 30 min to Costco & 50 min to Vic Intnl Airport. More detailsListed by Sutton Group West Coast Realty
5873 Leda Road in SOOKE: Sk East Sooke Single Family Detached for sale (Sooke) : MLS®# 407629$689,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,500 sq. ft.139 m2Imagine living in a log cabin in the woods, overlooking a pond and bordering a provincial park on two sides. The main house is a beautiful and bright 2 bed/1 bath log house with open concept kitchen and dining area including a lovely living room that opens onto the front porch. Enjoy summer meals on the south and west-facing decks. Off the back of the house is a wood-fired sauna. Across the parking area is a double car garage with finished studio space and it's own 4 piece bathroom, including a kitchenette area with dishwasher and separate bedroom/office. Sliding glass doors open onto a spacious west-facing deck and fenced-in raised garden. This property is beautifully laid out, with three growing areas including a small fenced orchard of fruit trees on the lower level, the garden area behind the studio and the greenhouse at the top of the property; and two separate wells. Walk through the forest to connect to park trails. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.