Greater Victoria Areas
2649 Heron Street in VICTORIA: OB Estevan Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 412260$1,149,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,893 sq. ft.176 m2OH Canceled. Welcome to Estevan, one of Oak Bay’s most sought after neighbourhoods. This charming 1953 home has been lovingly cared for and updated over the years. Upstairs boasts a spacious living area, modern kitchen & appliances, coved ceilings, hardwood floors, separate dining & eating areas, 3 bedrooms & updated bathroom. Downstairs has a rec room w/ gas fireplace, spare bedroom, second full bath and is ideal for a nanny or extended family. Loads of storage and potential in unfinished area as well. Stroll to Willows beach in minutes through the rear lane access. All this set on a spacious & private 8000 sqft sunny flat lot, close to Schools, Uplands Park, Estevan Village. Don’t miss out, this is truly the Oak Bay home you have been waiting for! More detailsListed by Pemberton Holmes - Cloverdale
2378 Pacific Avenue in VICTORIA: OB Estevan Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 412177$1,695,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,781 sq. ft.351 m2Beautiful 1913 home, with legal suite, steps from Estevan Village and Willows Beach! Set on a rare, double sized 12,660 square foot lot, the large property provides ample room for your garden party entertaining and for kids to play. The mature plantings surrounding the property make for a fabulous, private oasis. Inside the home, modern updates beautifully merge with elegant old-world charm. On the main floor, the upgraded kitchen, with newer appliances, adjoins a spacious two-tiered, sunny deck. A separate dining room, large bright living room with reading nook, 3 bedrooms (one with ensuite), & a bath complete the main floor. Upper level has the master suite, with 5-piece ensuite, walk-in closet, and extra storage. On the lower level is a 2 bedroom legal suite with separate address and entrance off Thompson. Walking distance to some of Victoria’s best schools, beaches, and amenities make this home truly one of a kind. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
1 2455 Beach Drive in VICTORIA: OB Estevan Condo Apartment for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 411977$290,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,089 sq. ft.101 m2This lovely, bright 2 bedroom garden suite is a wonderful place to call home! Located in the desirable Willows Beach area of Oak Bay, only steps to the beach and minutes to the Oak Bay Marina, Oak Bay Village and the Victoria and Uplands Golf courses. Situated in a well built and well maintained 10 unit Co-op this quaint and spacious suite has hardwood oak and fir floors throughout, new windows and has been freshly painted to make it move in ready. Low monthly fees of $330.05 include heat and hot water and a parking spot is available for $20 per month. There is a large separate extra storage area for the suite and a common shared laundry area, there is also a workshop. Spend your days walking the beach, exploring Cattle Point and strolling through Uplands Park...come and enjoy all the beauty this location offers! More detailsListed by One Percent Realty
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.