Greater Victoria Areas
2229 Belmont Avenue in VICTORIA: Vi Fernwood Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 421258$1,095,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,631 sq. ft.244 m2Once in a blue moon a family home comes to market that retains the grace of old world craftsmanship melded with modern design and function. The main floor features 10 foot ceilings with an open concept updated custom kitchen, dining and living room surrounded by large windows to let the light shine in. Original details include stained glass, decorative fireplace with period mantle and brick details, fir flooring on the main and upper levels. Newer features include two renovated bathrooms, a spacious entertainment sized deck, vinyl windows throughout, and a gas furnace and hot water. Bonus is a one bedroom suite with its own entrance and laundry ready to rent. The yard is flat, fenced and a fantastic space for kids to play or gardeners to grow. All this located on a tree-lined street in Fernwood where getting downtown and to UVIC is a snap. This is a terrific property for a growing family, so see you at the open house this Saturday. More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Chatterton
2103 Fernwood Road in VICTORIA: Vi Fernwood Revenue Triplex for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 421393$1,075,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,270 sq. ft.211 m2Situated in an amazing location in the heart of the trendy Fernwood Village and steps from everything including major bus routes is this beautiful character triplex. This unique Queen Anne heritage house is proudly presented to Victoria's market by the same owner of over 18 years. Fully restored with 10 foot ceilings, four bay windows, original Queen Anne stained glass, winding staircase, three fireplaces, coved and coffered details, original mouldings and hardwood floors throughout. Upstairs is a 3 bedroom suite, on the main floor there is a large 2 bedroom suite, and a third 1 bedroom carriage house suite. House surrounded by mature English garden. The options are endless - rent out all three suites or occupy a suite and rent the others out. 50 year roof, 200 amp service, laundry in all suites, and ample parking. The Victoria Heritage Foundation grants will fund up to 50% of future exterior repairs, and the owner will offer up to a $30,000 rebate for exterior painting. More detailsListed by Sotheby's International Realty Canada
1418 Ryan Street in VICTORIA: Vi Fernwood Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 421113$1,269,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,505 sq. ft.233 m2This beautifully refreshed Art Modern home sits well off the street in the highly desirable community of Fernwood. Renovations have taken this home to a whole new level of elegance. With an abundance of windows and entertaining spaces, stunning custom kitchen, coffered ceilings throughout, custom built ins, gas fireplace and new back deck. Top floor presents a master bedroom sanctuary with its own roof area. Lower level features two more bedrooms, bathroom, laundry and large family room with fireplace and custom built ins. This is a special home. New features include complete plumbing, all electrical and 200 amp panel, windows, doors, insulation, siding, drywall, trim, 5” solid maple flooring, subfloor and carpeting, interior and exterior paint, roof flashing and garden shed. More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Chatterton
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.