Greater Victoria Areas
4 1331 Johnson Street in VICTORIA: Vi Fernwood Condo Apartment for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 412169$489,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,183 sq. ft.110 m2Spacious and Bright beautiful newly renovated suite. You will love cooking in kitchen which features include custom lighting, glass and metal tile backsplash, all new stainless appliances and new flooring. The Kitchen opens into the dining/living Great room and deck for Barbecues. In-suite laundry, with full size washer and dryer a large in suite storage room plus another storage locker downstairs. Two large bedrooms. The Master Bedroom with a full Ensuite bathroom and the second bedroom with a built in Queen size Murphy bed. Uniquely designed building featuring Your own Front and back door. Covered Parking, bike storage, garbage and recycling. Great location only Minutes walk to Craigdarroch Castle, Fernwood Village, the local pub, Theatre and downtown. Convenient BC Transit stops at your door for easy commutes and direct to UVIC. Small pet allowed. Enjoy life in this well cared for building you will be proud to call home! More detailsListed by Pemberton Holmes - Cloverdale
1247 Rudlin Street in VICTORIA: Vi Fernwood Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 411962$969,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,691 sq. ft.157 m2**OH Sunday 1-3** Situated on a quiet Fernwood street, this 3-bedroom, 3-bathroom home is just minutes walk from both downtown and Fernwood village. Built in 2007, with over $30,000 of enhancements done in the past 5 years, this property provides urban living at its best. The main level offers a comfortable living room with gas fireplace, kitchen outfitted with granite countertops, SS appliances, and a walk-in pantry, as well as an open dining area perfect for large gatherings. These spaces continue to impress with 9’ ceilings, hardwood floors, and a connection to the back yard. The sunny south facing garden features a spacious deck, gas bbq hookup, ample greenspace, and a fully fenced yard. Truly a Master suite, the main bedroom offers a walk-in closet and an ensuite with heated floors and stone countertops. Two more generous sized bedrooms, as well as a laundry area, finish out the second floor. Not to be missed is the heated crawlspace and incredible built in storage throughout. More detailsListed by The Agency
1911 Chambers Street in VICTORIA: Vi Fernwood Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 411985$794,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,612 sq. ft.150 m2Be in the heart of desirable Fernwood at an affordable price! This character home is situated on a good sized corner lot offering lots of further development options with its R2 zoning while still offering great value in its existing state with 2 good size bedrooms on the main level with large living room with cozy woodstove, eat-in kitchen and full bath. Offering the character details of the era with coved ceilings, large principle rooms, hardwood floors (under carpet), etc etc. The lower level offers a separate covered entrance into additional living accommodations. A lovely deck off the rear of the home provides great outdoor entertaining options and the detached garage is a great secondary parking or storage option. Park your car and experience all that a walkscore of 94 can offer!!! More detailsListed by McCollom Real Estate
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.