Greater Victoria Areas
2954 Fishboat Bay Road in SHIRLEY: Sk French Beach Single Family Detached for sale (Sooke) : MLS®# 402301$1,950,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,635 sq. ft.245 m2Spectacular south facing oceanfront home, architecturally designed to capture the sweeping views across the strait of Juan de Fuca from every principal room. After you have meandered down the winding driveway surrounded by rain forest, you will see the home nestled into the bed rock and perched above the crashing waves of the shoreline. Discover secret paths and view points around this level 2.54 private acres. South facing decks and patios allow for endless opportunities to soak up the sun, the wildlife show, and the lifestyle. Lovely gardens and fire pit create an oasis of serenity. Walking distance to Point No Point Resort, and some of the best beaches on Vancouver Island. The timber frame style home has a feeling of casual, west coast sophistication. Dramatic open plan featuring massive stone fireplace, warm wood floors, fir windows and doors, gourmet kitchen, master bedroom with beautiful ensuite. Two additional bedrooms and bathrooms, plus a second kitchen. No Speculation Tax. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
10398 West Coast Road in SHIRLEY: Sk French Beach Single Family Detached for sale (Sooke) : MLS®# 400755$749,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,557 sq. ft.238 m2INSPIRED WEST COAST DESIGN, CHARM, CRAFTSMANSHIP & UPLIFTING OCEAN & MTN VIEWS ON PRIVATE, SUNNY, S-FACING 2.64AC. You must see this stunning, custom 3BR, 3BA, 2557sf cedar post & beam executive home. Step thru the half light fir front door & be impressed w/the bright, open floor plan, gleaming oak floors & soaring, skylit cedar open beam vaulted ceilings awash in light thru a profusion of picture windows. Gourmet kitchen w/maple cabinets, granite counters, SS appls, dual SS sinks, glass tile backsplash & granite bfast bar. Spacious forest/ocean view LR w/walls of windows & French doors opening to wrap around view deck. DR w/cozy woodstove & slate hearth + wet bar & view loft above. MBR w/French doors to deck, sleeping loft & 4pc ensuite BA. Laundry w/W-D & 2pc BA complete main lvl. Down: 2 generous BRs w/w-i closets, 4pc BA, storage rm & family rm w/French doors to lower deck & hottub. Tons of parking for RV & boat, shed, fenced organic garden & firepit. Not just a home.. a lifestyle More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun Westside
10493 West Coast Road in SHIRLEY: Sk French Beach Single Family Detached for sale (Sooke) : MLS®# 399953$1,399,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,635 sq. ft.338 m2Pure. The unmistakable West Coast is embodied here in this timeless Larry Alexander built masterpiece on an unspoiled sunny, south facing 3.09 acre Oceanfront Estate, flanked by shallow coves and a dense conifer perimeter. Totaling over 5800 sq ft it's a cohesive layout amalgamating indoor & outdoor spaces in a remarkable display of esoteric design. A tree lined driveway intrigues leading to a home that delights with mesmerizing day and night views that soothe the soul. 2200 sq ft entry level main, upper 595 sq ft exciting master domain with perched balcony, unfinished 2200 sq ft 9 ft walk-out, separate 750 sq ft 2 BR S/C suite. Perennial beds, borders & massive boulders lie relaxed in the expansive open lawn area. Impressive West Coast Lifestyle! More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun Westside
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.