Greater Victoria Areas
302 917 Avrill Road in : La Glen Lake Condo Apartment for sale (Langford) : MLS®# 420148
302 917 Avrill Road La Glen Lake V9B 0T2$299,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 635 sq. ft.59 m2Experience this 55+ luxury community that affords owners the unique privilege of designing in-house services that cater to your lifestyle & evolve with your needs. Flexibility of independent living or option of ‘assisted living’ in your very own executive suite. Interior is bright & stylish & flooded with natural light. Desirable open concept showcases modern conveniences & a neutral design aesthetic. Upscale kitchen with plenty of counter & cabinet space. Spacious living rm leads to sun soaked balcony. Inviting bedroom & convenience of in-suite laundry. Supreme building amenities include a gym, woodwork shop, media rm, & option of catered meals & housekeeping. A la carte meal service also available. Prime location promotes finest of west coast living with nearby Belmont Market, Westhills Stadium, YMCA, Langford Lake, plenty of walking trails & access to transit. Treat yourself to the pinnacle of resort style living, a welcoming community & new adventures daily. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
2616B Sooke Road in VICTORIA: La Glen Lake Single Family Detached for sale (Langford) : MLS®# 426459
2616B Sooke Road La Glen Lake VICTORIA V9B 1Y2$520,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,004 sq. ft.93 m2Set far back from the road on a panhandle lot, this lovely 2 bedroom one level home is in move-in condition. It has a HUGE 1/3 of an acre sheltered fully fenced backyard, perfect for kids, pets, family gatherings and an easy care garden with lots of room to grow your dream veggies or flowers. Inside, the house has a bright and airy feeling with big windows, an open floor plan, wood floors, a spacious living room, a modern kitchen with an island, an updated bathroom and a cozy woodstove for winter evenings. There is also a new deck, a storage shed and RV/boat parking. This is a great, low maintenance starter home or the perfect townhouse alternative for downsizing without strata fees. Amazing location, just a short walk to Colwood Creek Park with a kids playground and water feature, swimming at Glen Lake, Belmont Market/CanWest shopping. Think outside the box, the ticky tacky typical box home with a tiny strip of grass and come see this hidden gem. Ask about the development potential! More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Chatterton
1007 Haslam Avenue in VICTORIA: La Glen Lake Half Duplex for sale (Langford) : MLS®# 425858
1007 Haslam Avenue La Glen Lake VICTORIA V9B 2N3$617,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,888 sq. ft.175 m2What a find! RANCHER with mortgage helper or in-law. Immaculate 3 bedroom 2 bath RANCHER with 1 bedroom SUITE (rents for $1,300/mnth). Unique Semi-Detached Half Duplex. Bright modern and immaculate, this home boasts a large living and dining room with cozy gas fireplace, new laminate floors and big windows looking out into the yard. Updated kitchen with doors opening onto a private deck and huge yard. (7200 square feet) Self contained suite comes fully furnished and even has its own laundry. Set well back from the road. Shares only one short wall. Must be seen to be appreciated. Location, location, location! Walk to all kinds of fabulous shopping, restaurants, sports fields, cinemas, bowling, ice rinks, all levels of schools, Glen Lake, parks etc…steps to bus. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.