Greater Victoria Areas
301 Denison Road in VICTORIA: OB Gonzales Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 412215$2,998,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 5,734 sq. ft.533 m2Perched at the top of Gonzales Hill on a near 1/2 acre lot, sits a spectacular 5700+sqft Art Moderne home; a true beauty and epitome of grandeur. The original elegance has been revitalized with approximately $1M in quality updates in 2005. The grand marble foyer with cantilever staircase leads to a bright kitchen/dining area. Enjoy the many windows, showcasing panoramic sparkling city and water views with a Mt. Baker backdrop. The kitchen has an oversized island, granite counters, Viking gas range, S/S appliances. The showstopping Master Suite has a sitting room, w/i closet, marble ensuite w/heated floors, peaked skylight, w/i shower with skylight, vanity and deep soaker tub. Great outdoor space with decks overlooking the view and gardens to enjoy the sunshine. Located on one of the most beautiful lanes in the heart of Oak Bay, close to downtown, beaches, and the Victoria golf course. This home has it all! More detailsListed by The Agency
207 Denison Road in VICTORIA: OB Gonzales Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 411990$2,100,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 4,520 sq. ft.420 m2This wonderful 1988 (bare land strata) home sits soundly at the crest of stately Denison Rd. and flows right into Walbran Park. Rarely will you see such sweeping, unobstructed views of Juan de Fuca Strait and the Olympics. The very private home has been crafted to take full advantage of those incomparable views so that all principal rooms are strategically placed.The setting is a natural paradise. Vibrant rock gardens and secluded sun-bathed patios have been thoughtfully developed and there is a rooftop access where you'll feel like you're on top of the world. Enter the home and find yourself in a grand foyer bathed in light from multi skylights. The spacious residence benefits from an intelligent layout that offers 3 BR and 3 BA on the main, expansive LR, formal DR, 3 FP, generous kitchen with breakfast area, pantry and den, big MBR with fabulous Japanese inspired ensuite. The garden level features a big family room plus 4th BR and full BA. Take advantage of this amazing opportunity! More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
2116 Lorne Terrace in VICTORIA: OB Gonzales Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 411309$1,555,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,538 sq. ft.329 m2Very unique property with panoramic ocean views of the Juan de Fuca straight and majestic views of the Olympic Mountains. Nestled high on Harling Point and tucked up to Gonzales Bay this property offers a 12,060 (80 x 151). The original home was built in approx. 1952 and a 3rd floor was added about 30 years later to really take advantage of the terrific views. The top floor suite is vacant and easy to view whereas the mid-level suite is currently rented and can be view with notice on 2nd viewings. Your new home has some differed maintenance but is very liveable and comfortable and you will really appreciate the southern exposure and watching all the activity in the Straights. Please don’t walk the property without a scheduled appointment which can be easily arranged. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.