Gordon HeadSaanich East
Greater Victoria Areas
1591 Hawthorne Street in VICTORIA: SE Gordon Head Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 412220$888,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,045 sq. ft.190 m2Tucked away on a quiet street, backing onto Majestic park, tennis courts, baseball field and playground, this split level home offers natural light throughout, an open plan and studio mortgage helper with private entrance. The entryway opens up into the living and dining room with skylights. An updated kitchen, family room, sunroom and gym complete the main floor. Upstairs you’ll find a spacious master with ensuite, large closet and two additional bedrooms and bathroom. The suite can attract a rent of $1,200 and is currently vacant. Perfect for entertaining, the new deck in the backyard offers privacy in a garden setting with a tall fence opening onto the park, a bus stop, 5 to 10 minute walking distance from Mount Douglas, a beach, elementary, middle and high schools and Gordon Head recreation centre. Welcome to the Gordon Head family home you’ve been looking for. More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Chatterton
4185 THORNHILL Crescent in VICTORIA: SE Gordon Head Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 412109$935,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,435 sq. ft.226 m2Open House Sun 3 - 5 pm, June 16th Awesome Gordon Head One owner Well maintained 5 Bedroom Family Home, Eat in Kitchen, Maple Cabinets + wainscoting. Large West facing Sundeck with Privacy Glass located off Kitchen, Inline LR + DR. 3 Bedrooms up + 2 down. Master with Walkin shower. Hardwood Floors throughout. Newer 40 year roof replaced in 2005 + newer Vinyl windows throughout. Newer Hunter Douglas Blinds. Well maintained. Fully fenced yard. Double Car Garage. Master with Closet Organizers. Down stairs with 2 Bedrooms, Rec Room down with woodstove + surround sound. RE-done exterior finish with hardiplank, stucco and brick for easy maintenance. Close to Rec Center, schools of all levels, UVIC. shopping, movie theater, Home Depot. Could easily make a wonderful 1 bedroom suite if desired. Lots of parking for your vehicles. A great package for those looking for convenient living! More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
4200 Tyndall Avenue in VICTORIA: SE Gordon Head Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 412024$845,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,443 sq. ft.227 m2Open June 15 from 2:30 - 4pm. Ideally located in the Popular Gordon Head Neighbourhood close to Quality Schools and Parks just a ten- minute drive outside of Downtown Victoria. This Newly Renovated Home has had all the Majors done and features: Spacious Main Floor with Coved Ceilings, Upgraded Electrical with 200 Amp Service, New Windows, New Roof, New Kitchen with Quartz Counters, New Bathroom, Fresh Interior and Exterior Paint, Wood Burning Fireplace, High Efficiency Natural Gas Furnace and Tankless Hot Water on demand, Private / West Facing Backyard that is ideal for both Children and Pets + a totally self contained 2 Bedroom Basement Suite. This Property is ready for occupancy, it offers a lot of Value and will appeal to those looking for an affordable home in a super central area. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Alliance
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.