Greater Victoria Areas
3034 Larkdowne Road in VICTORIA: OB Henderson Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 412236$995,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,720 sq. ft.160 m2Street appeal and quiet location with a view high on the Lansdowne slope is a winning combination for this 3 bedroom plus den home. Owned by the same family for over 50 yrs this home is ready for an update and a new family to enjoy this well maintained property on a generous 9800 sq ft lot with Olympic Mtn and water view, backyard privacy and attractive landscaping. Over 1720 sq ft of living space and classic floor-plan w/spacious living room with fireplace and built-in shelving, separate dining room, 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and an unfinished basement space could be media room, office or additional bedroom plus roughed in bathroom ready to be finished. Single car garage. This home is not to be missed. A gorgeous setting and an attractive price! More detailsListed by Pemberton Holmes - Cloverdale and Newport Realty Ltd.
3230 Henderson Road in VICTORIA: OB Henderson Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 412223$1,119,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,163 sq. ft.294 m2Offering 1 level living plus a full, daylight, walkout basement, this 3100 sq. ft., upper Henderson area home is sure to please. Located at the corner of Wessex Close on a maturely landscaped 13,300 sq. ft. lot, this lovely home offers a spacious main floor with an entertainment sized living room (fireplace & wood floors), in-line dining room (also with wood floors), updated kitchen (island, skylight & breakfast nook), master bedroom (wood floors), updated main bath (walk-in shower & heated tile floors), 2nd bedroom (double closets) plus den/office with fireplace. Downstairs is a 33’ family room with fireplace, a 3 pc bath, 3 more bedrooms and a big utility/laundry room with easy access to the rear yard. Lots of big thermal windows to bring in the natural light, gas HWT and furnace, upgraded insulation in the attic, 2005 roof, updated electrical panel, attached garage, sun drenched, west facing, rear yard, quiet neighborhood. Please confirm all important measurements and details. More detailsListed by DFH Real Estate Ltd.
2351 Lansdowne Road in VICTORIA: OB Henderson Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 412040$1,249,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,660 sq. ft.247 m2Situated on a Beautiful 90' X 150' South Facing Lot directly opposite the Uplands Golf Course with Expansive Views over Oak Bay to the Straits of Juan De Fuca and the Olympic Mountains. This 1951 Residence offers over 2600 sq. ft. of Finished Living Space on 2 Levels with 5 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms and plenty of additional space to create whatever living areas you require. ie. Games Room, Family Room, Office etc. This Home is a Terrific Example of a Mid Century Modern Residence with many Original Features and a Wonderful Interplay of Light and Space with easy access to the Numerous Outdoor Areas. In addition, there is a Family Sized Swimming Pool and Gazebo capturing Southern Sun all day long Plus loads of room for a Vegetable Garden or other Outdoor Development. This is a Unique Opportunity to acquire a Rare View Lot in a Very Desirable Area of Oak Bay. More detailsListed by DFH Real Estate Ltd.
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.