Greater Victoria Areas
205 2610 Graham Street in VICTORIA: Vi Hillside Condo Apartment for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 402160$359,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 938 sq. ft.87 m2Convenient and central, this bright 2 bed /1 bath corner unit has been updated and is waiting for its new owner! It's on the quiet side of the street, away from the hustle and bustle of traffic and the city. Some recent improvements include fresh paint throughout, updated kitchen & bathroom, new windows in the sunroom and more! Plenty of in-unit storage, along with a separate storage locker & bike room. A parking stall, some pets and rentals allowed. Included is a large living room that is perfect for entertaining. If you’re in the mood for peace and quiet, you can enjoy sitting in the sunroom watching the birds along the quiet, tree-lined street. A few steps out your front door and you are in the heart of trendy Quadra Village! Fairway market, coffee shops, restaurants, parks and more! You’re a quick 20 minute walk to downtown Victoria. Not in the mood for a stroll? Direct bus routes to downtown, Uvic and Camosun. This one won't last, call to view! More detailsListed by Sutton Group West Coast Realty
1289 Vista Heights in VICTORIA: Vi Hillside Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 401310$599,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,982 sq. ft.184 m2What a nice big sunny property with distant views. The house? It has a handsome shape from the street but in fairness, it is a total project or alternatively, a demolition for the siting of a new home (with allowable garden cottage adjoining?). The price reflects these realities and is an opportunity for someone with the skill and imagination to take it to a new level. It is priced well below assessed and appraised value. It has gas service to the home, new electrical panel and some wiring. It is vacant and waiting for the right party. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
954 Market Street in VICTORIA: Vi Hillside Townhouse for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 400281$429,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,262 sq. ft.117 m2PRICE REDUCED! MOTIVATED SELLER! This townhouse offers a fantastic opportunity to increase equity with a few upgrades/decorating ideas. Rarely do units in this family, pet friendly complex come on the market, recent (Sept) sale of an identical upgraded unit sold for $498,000! Many features not found in newer townhouses - separate storage rooms, spacious room sizes. Solid 3 BR, 1.5 BA, freshly painted. Main level entry with large living room, dining space and well laid out kitchen, 2 pc powder room, plus separate laundry room and large storage room on this level. Upstairs are 3 generous sized bedrooms, 4 pc bath and another storage room. Well managed complex in a very convenient location, walking distance to Quadra Village, bus routes and easy access to both highways. Roof replacement already paid for by seller. Updating needed and reflected in price but will reward the discriminating buyer well. More detailsListed by Fair Realty
2555 Blackwood Street in VICTORIA: Vi Hillside Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 399947$1,298,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,098 sq. ft.288 m2Don't miss this immaculate 1922 character home on a quiet residential street just minutes to downtown. You will love the period details of this 6 bedroom, 4 full bath, 3 kitchen home with separate meters for all suites. Main portion of the home offers a completely renovated 4 bedroom, 2 full bath family home on 2 levels. Entrance level features 2 bedrooms, bathroom, large dining room with original wood wainscoting, living room with woodstove, hardwood floors, brand new kitchen with porcelain heated tile floors, soft close drawers, stainless steel appliances and granite counters. Laundry room (can be shared) leads out to private deck with hot tub. On the upper level you will find 2 large bedrooms and renovated bath with heated marble floors. Ground level features private entrances for 2 self contained 1 bed, 1 bath suites with their own functioning wood stoves. Low maintenance yard, with ample parking and a 20x20 garage with complete second floor and subpanel. More detailsListed by Pemberton Holmes - Cloverdale
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.