Greater Victoria Areas
311 2560 Wark Street in VICTORIA: Vi Hillside Condo Apartment for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 408351$299,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 572 sq. ft.53 m2This bright modern one bedroom condo has a functional open-concept living room - kitchen with eating bar, spacious master bedroom & 4pc bathroom, IN-SUITE laundry & SECURE underground parking. This warm and inviting corner unit has south-east exposure, newer laminate floors, and lots of windows to let the sun in. PETS and children are allowed in this remediated building. Rentals allowed up to 19 units. Extra storage/locked bike storage, monitored entrance plus low monthly fees! Located within walking distance to Quadra Village, bus routes, Wark Park across the street, Cafe Fantastico, and short walk to Downtown on a QUIET cherry treed street. A great opportunity for first time buyer or investors. Call now to view! More detailsListed by One Percent Realty
1278 Basil Avenue in VICTORIA: Vi Hillside Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 408347$899,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,095 sq. ft.288 m2Charming 1930s character home situated at the bottom of the Hillside slope in a wonderful family neighborhood with sense of community. The livingroom flooded with light by day with large south facing windows, and cozy & intimate by night with gas fireplace and original sconces in the 4 corners of the room. This 1939 home exudes character with gorgeous inlaid H/W floors, coved ceilings, original built in cabinetry. leaded glass doors and more The kitchen has huge island, pantry, gas stove and French doors leading out to the entertainment size deck. 2 bedrooms & 4 pce bath on main floor. Up the wide solid wood staircase is sunny bedroom with sitting area and delightful original built in white cabinetry, and the chimney room that can be used as bedroom or office, 2 closets,storage space.and sky lights. Lower level has one bedroom in-law suite with private entrance and driveway parking. Updated windows & newer roof. Central location, close to schools, parks, transportation & amenities. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
102 2520 Wark Street in VICTORIA: Vi Hillside Condo Apartment for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 408102$349,898Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 835 sq. ft.78 m2Great for Students or First Time Buyers. Get into the market to start building some equity! You'll love living in this well maintained 2 bed 2 bath condo on a quiet tree lined street, steps to Quadra village. The updated kitchen features shaker style cabinets, timeless butcher block countertop, large farmhouse sink, classic tile backsplash & tile floors. Living room features wood burning fireplace and custom tile work, teak engineered hardwood flooring in the main living areas, master bedroom with 2 piece ensuite & large closet and fully updated main 4 piece bath in neutral tones. Enjoy the evening light this summer on your European style balcony that overlooks the building driveway/garage, but it's quieter than you would expect! Remediated building has secure underground parking, generous separate storage, in-suite laundry, allows some rentals, 2 small pets, BBQs & is all ages! Located steps to all amenities, bus stops and easy access to town, Camosun and Uvic. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Alliance
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.