Greater Victoria Areas
4 50 Montreal Street in VICTORIA: Vi James Bay Row/Townhouse for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 421395$600,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,099 sq. ft.102 m2Wonderful Family- and Pet-friendly 3 Bedroom Townhome in James Bay –This sunny, cheerful home has 2 fenced patios to enjoy the outdoors (one at the entry & the other off the living room with southern exposure). The main floor features a beautifully updated kitchen with quartz countertops, stainless appliances and a sit-up eating bar on the island. The Master bedroom is on the 2nd floor along with laundry and a spacious 5-piece bathroom with a luxurious soaker tub and separate shower and with an additional two bedrooms on the top floor there is plenty of room for the kids! This professionally-managed complex features a common area courtyard with playground and picnic area and an electric vehicle charging station. Imagine the lifestyle… Steps from Dallas Road and Ogden Point and a short stroll to Fisherman’s Wharf and the shops and restaurants Downtown! An ideal starting point for first time buyers. More detailsListed by Century 21 Queenswood Realty Ltd.
106 Medana Street in VICTORIA: Vi James Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 421388$1,199,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,326 sq. ft.309 m2Designated Heritage Character Home in James Bay! The Landsberg House, built in 1908 offers almost 5000 sqft of building. Multiple options for the future of this historical beauty. Formally a group home, the current owner utilizes the property as an income producing boarding house. The R2 zoning allows for multiple development ideas. A 1600 sqft unfinished basement w/a ceiling height almost 7' allows the opportunity to improve the property creating extra revenue. The details of this home will captivate you w/the historic charm of leaded glass windows, stain glass, high ceilings, wood floors, period moldings & a welcoming large front porch. Main floor renovations include a custom bath, 2 new gas fireplaces, new carpeting & new paint The kitchen awaits your creativity! The 2nd floor has 4 bedrooms, 3 which are currently rented & a shared living room, kitchen & bath. Additional updates-perimeter drains, double glazed lower storm windows, new front & back porches , fencing & landscaping. More detailsListed by Sotheby's International Realty Canada
520 Niagara Street in VICTORIA: Vi James Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 421309$1,699,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,609 sq. ft.335 m2OH Sat 1-3. Live the dream! This recently converted 1939 Schoolhouse in James Bay has an amazing energy. Develop more units w/the unique R80 zoning & huge 11,000+sq ft lot. Host a house concert in your main living area w/over 1000 sq ft plus an add’l 200 sq ft stage. Close the original folding partition doors to create 3 different spaces. Endless future opportunities. Currently set up as a large, bright & private 3 BED, 2 BATH residence w/a legal lower suite. Bonus...the cozy main floor master doubles as a popular licensed Air BnB accommodation. The main & lower suite features are Quartz Counter Tops, SS Appliances, High Ceilings, Large Pantry & ample add'l storage under entire main hall crawl space. All bathrooms feature heated tile floors, custom tiled walk-in showers w/ rain heads. The yard is developed w/patios, lawn, parking for 6-8, gardening, even a chicken run. This superb residence is conveniently located between the beach, village shops, bike routes, bus routes, & more. More detailsListed by Sotheby's International Realty Canada
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.