Greater Victoria Areas
1120 Donna Avenue in VICTORIA: La Langford Lake Land for sale (Langford) : MLS®# 428504
1120 Donna Avenue La Langford Lake VICTORIA V9B 2Z3$700,000Land
- MLS® Num:
- 428504Great Langford holding property! Also available is 1110 Donna Ave. Just steps from Goldstream Road and the trans Canada Highway this property holds great potential for redevelopment on this street. Buyer to confirm details of development potential with the City. More detailsListed by Pemberton Holmes - Westshore
2904 Leigh Road in VICTORIA: La Langford Lake Single Family Detached for sale (Langford) : MLS®# 428395
2904 Leigh Road La Langford Lake VICTORIA V9B 4G3$1,199,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,200 sq. ft.204 m2Glorious Langford Lake waterfront, 0.48 acres, now for sale. In the same family since the 1950's, this property is wooded, with towering firs & arbutus. There is a large level area w/ a workshop/garage of 21.5' x 27 with 200 amp service & a mechanics pit. There is a substantial house of about 2,200 SQFT finished, with 1,400 sqft+/- on the main & a full basement; 3 bedrooms & 1.5 baths. This house appears solid but is very dated. From the house, the property drops to the lake shore where you will find a very old, dilapidated house right at the waters' edge, (used to be 2906 Leigh.) As a legal non-conforming use one ought to be able to renovate & rebuild - check with City of Langford. This could be a fabulous Air BnB, guesthouse, rental property or boathouse. This is not a project for the faint of heart; there is a lot of work & updating needed here, but the reward will be a spectacular, very private waterfront home with a large lot, a very pleasant view & great lake access. Call today. More detailsListed by Maxxam Realty Ltd.
1231 Goldstream Avenue in VICTORIA: La Langford Lake Single Family Detached for sale (Langford) : MLS®# 428025
1231 Goldstream Avenue La Langford Lake VICTORIA V9B 2Y9$1,274,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,986 sq. ft.277 m2Prepare to fall in love with this wonderful waterfront home in a private, protected cove on Langford Lake. There are so many places to relax and take in the serenity of the location: on your dock, on your lakefront patio, on the lower level patio, or on one of two south-facing balconies. This 1990-built 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom home provides great privacy thanks to the many mature shrubs and trees. Think of the years of swimming and boating you'll enjoy, sharing this quiet lake with wood ducks, mink, and otter. The views are ever-changing, and the street is now a no-thru road so traffic has been dramatically reduced. You'll find a wine cellar, cool room, a workshop, boathouse, greenhouse, jacuzzi tub, vault, ample storage, and much more. Act fast before the listing realtor's spouse decides to pull the trigger! More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Oak Bay
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.