Mt TolmieSaanich East
Greater Victoria Areas
3460 Carter Drive in VICTORIA: SE Mt Tolmie Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 421557$898,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,001 sq. ft.186 m2OPEN HOUSE Sat 1-2:30. Ocean & Mountain view 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom, 2175sf solid family home nestled among the Garry Oaks in sought after Mt. Tolmie. 2nd owner purchased in 1968. Gleaming original oak hardwood floors on main level. Vaulted living room awash in natural light thru large picture window has cozy fireplace with wood-burning insert. Kitchen with built-in dining booth overlooking the private backyard has door to the covered back deck for BBQs. 3 generously proportioned bedrooms including the master bedroom suite. The latter boasts a walk-in closet & 2-piece ensuite. 2nd bedroom has sliders to huge ocean & mountain view deck where you can watch cruise ships going by. Dining area, office, family room, workshop, huge crawlspace, double carport could easily be converted to garage & central vac too. Level, lush & landscaped 6915sf lot located on a quiet cul-de-sac walking distance to public transit, St. Michaels, Camosun College & close to shops, restaurants, UVic & downtown. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
1908 Waterloo Road in VICTORIA: SE Mt Tolmie Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 421399$1,150,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 4,567 sq. ft.424 m2Diligently restored, culturally significant home of architect Karl Spurgin and later Victorian/Icelandic writer Valgardson. Much structural and restoration work is apparent throughout this charming Arts and Crafts specimen. Proudly overlooking St. Michael’s, this original home features refinished red oak floors, old-growth structural timbers, an atmospheric wood-burning fireplace, and a smoking/brandy room overlooking the Icelandic studio. Upgrades include a hot water on demand boiler system, roofing, strengthened verandahs, and an additional gable in the traditional style. Large, gracious bedrooms all enjoy windows on two sides, while an upper floor balcony surveys the neighbourhood below. Excellent access to main transit routes, downtown, Camosun College and University of Victori. A massive 13,900 square foot lot with over 4,500 sf of living space offers new owners a wealth of possibility. More detailsListed by Sotheby's International Realty Canada
107 3614 Richmond Road in VICTORIA: SE Mt Tolmie Condo Apartment for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 420298$549,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 913 sq. ft.85 m2Garden-level 2 bed 2 bath condo with separate patio entrance for easy coming and going. Elegantly finished with bamboo flooring and quality kitchen with granite counters, soft-close Salina cabinets and stainless appliances. Master bedroom with 5pc ensuite, separate tub and walk in shower. Second bedroom could also be used as a home office or guest room with 3pc cheater ensuite. One of the few units with large, concrete 200sqft patio offering private greenspace, extended outdoor living room, bbque area and fenced for your pets. Well managed building with depreciation report, rentals allowed, in-suite laundry, dog and cat friendly without weight limits. Underground secure parking stall, plenty of visitor parking, separate storage unit and common bike room. Unbeatable location close to bus route, grocery stores, parks, trails and beaches and less than 1km from UVic. More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Oak Bay
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.