North Oak BayOak Bay
Greater Victoria Areas
2164 CUBBON Drive in VICTORIA: OB North Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 405536$1,849,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,638 sq. ft.338 m2A beautiful English cottage-style residence located on an amazing & private SW 20,400 sq.ft. lot within a 5-min walk to Oak Bay Village. This lovely home is coming to the market for the first time in 28 years & provides 3700 sq.ft. of updated living over 3 levels. The main level features an elegant living/dining room with beamed ceilings, leaded windows, w/woodburning fireplace & walkout access to a private & sunny slate patio. The updated kitchen is spacious w/ample cabinets, quartz counters, gas cooking & access to rear patio. A recently updated 3-pc bath, den & 2 beds complete the 1696 sq.ft. main. The 988 sq.ft. upper level provides a master bed w/new 5 pc ensuite, walk-in closet & open office/studio space. The lower has 954 finished sq.ft. with 4th bedroom, 3 pc bath & large family room. This level also provides tons of storage & 2nd laundry. The private SW perennial garden is full of mature landscaping & is a wonderful summer playground! A gem! More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
2753 Somass Drive in VICTORIA: OB North Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 404761$5,595,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 4,580 sq. ft.425 m2We are proud to offer one of Oak Bay’s premier ocean front properties sits this 2015 GOLD-CARE Award winning home by Urban Core Ventures. This 2014built residence provides privacy, breathtaking (south) ocean/Oak Bay Marina views, private beach access situated on a quiet, cut-de-sac off Beach Dr. adjacent to Willows Beach. The home enchants with fine finishings and Wolf/Jenn-Air app. package. Main level offers an open concept with full chefs kitchen, hidden butlers kitchen, dining/living area and office all complete with floor to ceiling windows that open up to your gorgeous deck.The stunning master bedroom has impeccable views complete with a 5pc ensuite bathroom.This luxury home offers 3/4 bed, 5 bath and over 4,300sqft of living area with views from every floor.Other features inc; media room, boat house, 2 bars, hot tub, 13,725sqft lot perfect for any family or executive lifestyle. Situated just min away from Victoria Golf Club,Uplands Golf Club and Oak Bay Marina. More detailsListed by Engel & Völkers Vancouver Island
1616 Hampshire Road in VICTORIA: OB North Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 402190$1,099,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,552 sq. ft.144 m2Location, location, location in the heart of the Oak Bay Village on a west facing 55' x 132' lot is this 1938 home filled with natural sunlight. This 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom home has all the charm of the era with wood sash windows, oak inlaid flooring & picture rails. A full basement awaits your ideas. A great opportunity to renovate the existing home or build in a dream location. Every possible amenity right at your doorstep. A short walk to schools, beaches & the Oak Bay Marina. Your walking lifestyle starts here. The property is slightly raised from the street offering great privacy with mature landscaping and a garden full of perennials. The surrounding homes are beautifully cared for. Several new homes have been built recently nearby. You will absolutely adore living here. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.