North Oak BayOak Bay
Greater Victoria Areas
1778 Elgin Road in VICTORIA: OB North Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 412501$880,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,155 sq. ft.200 m2The location of this home simply cannot be beat: 2 blocks from the Avenue, a 2 minute walk down the path to Oak Bay Recreation, close to bus routes & a 4 minute walk to Oak Bay Village. Built on a generous corner lot, this would be the perfect 3 bedroom, 2 bath home for a family, close to excellent schools & every amenity, from grocery stores to coffee shops, from churches to pubs - it is nestled in a wonderful community. The gleaming original wooden floors have an extra tough new finish, & painted throughout. The soaring ceilings with skylights in the kitchen & eating area bring in an extraordinary amount of light. The room sizes are generous for this vintage of home, which has lovely character windows and coved ceilings. The basement has a great entertainment centre complete with piano and bar! Parking for 5 vehicles, access to kitchen from parking. This home is a must-see for anyone considering a move to Oak Bay. More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Chatterton
402 2340 Oak Bay Avenue in VICTORIA: OB North Oak Bay Condo Apartment for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 412154$550,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,518 sq. ft.141 m2Top floor, corner suite with 2 bedrooms plus den on “the Avenue” and bright south & west exposure. Terrific location for your new home and no comprising on downsizing here with 1,518 sq. ft. of living space all principal rooms are generous and size. Two bedroom plus den condos are a rare find and offers a large, bright living room, skylights, family sized dining room, lots of closets and storage and a full 4 piece ensuite off the oversized master bedroom. The location has everything you need within a short stroll…groceries, number eateries, banking, Penny Farthing Pub, and the Beach Drive waterfront. The building has been well maintained and one owner must be 50 plus your monthly fee includes property taxes, water & hot water. Viewings are by appointment and easily arranged with reasonable notice. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
2082 Haultain Street in VICTORIA: OB North Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 411944$1,150,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,176 sq. ft.295 m2Lovely 1940 character family home with terrific schools just steps away. Your new home offer lots of updates….modern kitchen, updated bathrooms including a large ensuite off the master bedroom, fir floors, gas fireplace, vinyl thermal windows, skylight, 2 bathrooms have heated floors, spa tub, on demand Navien tankless hot water and 200 amp electrical service. The basement is completely finished and could easily accommodate another bedroom if required. There’s a sunny deck overlooking the very private backyard, sprinkler system for garden and lawn and separate 1 ½ car garage at the back of the property. You are within walking distance of Willows Elementary, Oak Bay High, the Oak Bay Rec Centre, Save on Foods and Starbucks and a 15 min walk to Willows Beach. Appointments to view easily arranged with reasonable notice. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.