Greater Victoria Areas
2518 Avebury Avenue in VICTORIA: Vi Oaklands Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 408375$765,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 997 sq. ft.93 m2First time ever listed on MLS, this long-term rental/investment property might be the perfect opportunity for a new investor, a first-time-buyer looking to update and build sweat equity, or an existing buyer ready to upgrade from a condo to their own home. Ideally located in a quiet neighborhood with easy access to everything downtown. 3BR/1 bath original condition layout has a full-height basement that could be additional living space, family accommodations, or a mortgage helper. Large south-facing backyard can be transformed into your own oasis. Priced to sell at the Tax Assessed Value, don't miss your chance to own in one of the best character neighborhoods in Victoria! More detailsListed by DFH Real Estate Ltd.
2527 Scott Street in VICTORIA: Vi Oaklands Strata Duplex Unit for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 408195$779,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,575 sq. ft.146 m2OPEN HOUSE SAT. APRIL 20TH 1-3!! Walk through the gate down a cedar deck pathway to your private retreat and little piece of heaven! Beautiful South West Deck space with pergola and fully fenced rear yard perfect for kids or pets. This parisian decor excudes character and style with open concept kitchen,dining and cozy living room with gas fireplace. Newly reno'd from top to bottom one year ago! The gorgeous kitchen features custom white cabinetry and white quartz, high end appliances. Upgrades include handscraped hickory floors, newer vinyl windows, roof. New spa inspired main bath with double sized shower and soaker tub. Enjoy your Master bdrm w/ensuite on upper level with a tranquil zen like feel, private deck and skylight for evening stargazing. Lower level offers a great space for teenagers or inlaws with separate access to spacious bedroom area and bathroom. Loads of storage, fantastic location walking distance to all amenities, buses, hospital. BONUS-No strata fees. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
2971 Oswald Road in VICTORIA: Vi Oaklands Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 408150$775,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,727 sq. ft.160 m2Imagine having a park as your backyard & being the only house on the street! Welcome to this rare, custom built home, located in the sought after Oaklands neighborhood. This 2-3 bdrm,3 bath home has ultimate privacy,boasts vaulted ceilings,& skylights for tons of natural light throughout.The main floor is open concept with separate dining & living space, eating area,Gas FP, plus walk out to your large deck & relax in your very own hot tub…the perfect space for entertaining! The upper floor is bright & spacious boasting large windows overlooking the landscaped back yrd & park land: office space, 2nd bdrm & 4 pc bath, large master with spa-like ensuite & walk in closet. Other fantastic features are the heated crawl space, underground sprinkler system, fenced back yard, large double garage, & storage shed. Oaklands is the 13th most walk-able area in Victoria with a walk score of 74! Close to all amenities & public transit. Don't miss your chance to view this gem of a home, call today! More detailsListed by Coldwell Banker Oceanside Real Estate
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.