Greater Victoria Areas
1572 Burton Avenue in VICTORIA: Vi Oaklands Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 405671$669,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,024 sq. ft.95 m2OH: Feb 17th 1-3pm This wonderful 3 bedroom, one level bungalow has been totally transformed. An open floor plan with honey coloured fir flooring, showcasing a new kitchen with centre island, quartz counters and stainless steel appliances. French doors from the kitchen open onto a a private oasis with a gorgeous cedar deck and pergola, flanked by black bamboo and cedar trees. New cedar fence and storage shed. The main bathroom is absolutely stunning with italian tile, double vanity and a walk in shower. The walls have been newly painted and are enhanced by the wood accent features such as fir beams and pine feature walls. Not only has this home been beautifully updated but the systems have been cared for, such as new plumbing, new barrier in crawl space, new perimeter drains and new hot water tank. Situated in a great neighbourhood with steps to Hillside Mall, all bus routes and walking distance to schools and the Cedar Hill Golf Course. Pride of ownership is so evident in this home. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
1661 Burton Avenue in VICTORIA: Vi Oaklands Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 405394$649,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,282 sq. ft.119 m2First time on the market in 38 years! 3 bedroom 1282sqft bungalow with a 7'2" partially finished 540sqft basement in mostly original condition. Large, level, landscaped & completely fenced & gated 7265sqft/.17acre corner lot on a quiet, tree-lined street in the outstanding Oaklands area just a short stroll to all amenities. You are steps to Hillside Mall & only minutes to Camosun College, University of Victoria, St. Michaels University School, Lansdowne Middle School, Oaklands Elementary, Cedar Hill Recreation Centre & Golf Course, Uplands Golf Course, as well as parks, shopping, restaurants & downtown Victoria. Current R1-B zoning allows for a secondary suite or garden suite with approval. Potential for a duplex w/rezoning. Buyer to verify development potential. Bonus: rear lane backs the lot. Bring your decorating ideas or your vision for a new home & unlock the true potential of this special property. Priced more than $61,000 below assessed value. A rare find & outstanding value! More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun Westside
2575 Cook Street in VICTORIA: Vi Oaklands Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 405133$735,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,113 sq. ft.196 m21945 built home with self contained MORTGAGE HELPER. Duplex zoned property on the edge of downtown Victoria. Two bedroom main level of nearly 1100sqft with beautiful hardwood floors throughout and kitchen with stainless steel appliances as well as laundry area off the kitchen with access to the large deck and big, sunny backyard with lots of potential (great for kids and dogs, avid gardeners or even a garden suite). House features new roof, 200AMP electrical, heat pump and updated vinyl windows. Downstairs is one bedroom suite with its own laundry and separate access. Additional large room (19x10), currently storage, could be additional bedroom or retained as family room for use by the upstairs. Lots of options for different living arrangements. Parking for three vehicles in front of house. Potential to make use of the desirable R2 duplex zoning and develop further (many neighbours already have). Proudly offered at $735,000. Come and view today! More detailsListed by Sutton Group West Coast Realty
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.