Prospect LakeSaanich West
Greater Victoria Areas
305 W Viaduct Avenue in VICTORIA: SW Prospect Lake Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 401980$1,049,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,216 sq. ft.206 m2This is your own piece of paradise close to the city with complete privacy! Over 5 acres of rolling landscape with Garry Oaks, Douglas Firs and Arbutus Trees backing onto Logan Park, offering terrific walking trails. This custom panabode home was added onto in 1980 creating an in-law suite, 2 bedrooms and extra storage. The main home now offers 3 bedrooms + an office, 1 bathroom, reading nook and open concept kitchen, dining and living area. The spacious living room is perfect for entertaining around the wood burning fireplace with easy access to your south facing deck. There's no hustle and bustle noise here, just listen to the birds chirp with your morning coffee or evening glass of wine. The in-law suite is perfect for guests or students as you're 2km away from Camosun College. Add some garden beds to grow your own veggies as this lot gets plenty of light. Long driveway offering many parking spots and a carport. Add a shop or garden suite (once legal). More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Oak Bay
2 Meadowbrook Ridge in VICTORIA: SW Prospect Lake Land for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 396892$696,000Land
- MLS® Num:
- 396892Complete Privacy and a rare offering to acquire a beautiful natural 7.86 acres of private land with no neighbors looking in on you. Build as big or small a home as you wish with no restrictions or design approval, build barns, out buildings and workshops to suit your needs. If you want grassland this property is not for you. If you want an easy care nature west coast Shangri-La then you will be very excited to have the opportunity to acquire this pristine property. Well and hydro on site, perc test approved. Seller may consider builder's terms on approved credit. 3 plans available in the supplements all which are easy to build, or design your own Home, several builders available to assist in construction now More detailsListed by Century 21 Queenswood Realty Ltd.
4906 Prospect Lake Road in VICTORIA: SW Prospect Lake Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 400719$1,450,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 4,057 sq. ft.377 m2Prospect Lake view home. Completely updated with handscraped hardwood floors, granite countertops, both an electric and wood burning fireplace, glass and steel handrails and large vaulted ceilings to take in the peaceful view of the land and lake. Spacious open modern kitchen with undercabinet lighting, stained glass windows, slow close cabinetry, updated appliances and wine fridge. Heated floors and slow close in the bathrooms, huge walk in closet in the oversized vaulted master. Views from almost every room, massive sun-drenched decks and suite potential down. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Alliance
4826 Spring Road in VICTORIA: SW Prospect Lake Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 393818$3,490,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 6,356 sq. ft.590 m2Stunning Ken Murray custom home is a masterpiece with beautiful design with an exquisite finish for detail. 6400 sqft located on 4.94 acres with breathtaking views boasting 4 bdrms, 5 baths, 3 car garage & a detached dbl woodshop/garage with potential upper loft. Gourmet kitchen with superior appliances, large central island, walk in pantry & butler's pantry. Quality finishings throughout; whiskey barrel oak floors, granite counters, solid wood doors and trim. The lower level offers a large rec room, bedroom, 2 baths, including steam shower & sauna, roughed in kitchen area & second great room ideal for inlaw suite. Magnificent landscaping, rural setting but close to Victoria, airport & amenities. RV parking spot with full hook ups! More detailsListed by Sotheby's International Realty Canada
4500 Sarah Owen Place in VICTORIA: SW Prospect Lake Land for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 382597$855,000Land
- MLS® Num:
- 382597Plans in place for an incredible 3700 s.f. home, available plans are engineered and architect designed. This nearly 11 acre site is private, treed, magical and is a true sanctuary five minutes from Camosun Interurban campus. Driveway has been created for access to a stunning west facing building site overlooking your own private wetland. Trails and views exist to allow one to "be monarch of all you survey". This opportunity is extremely rare. A corner lot that contains a third gazetted road may lead to future further potential. Much work has been done to prepare the site for the new owners to come in and start building right away. A short distance to parks, PISE, Van Isle Tech, Beaver and Elk Lakes. Tremendous neighborhood. Walk with caution and please contact listing realtor before you do. More detailsListed by Newport Realty
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.