Greater Victoria Areas
1004 Terrace Avenue in VICTORIA: Vi Rockland Revenue 4-Plex for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 423812
1004 Terrace Avenue Vi Rockland VICTORIA V8S 3V3$2,400,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 4,945 sq. ft.459 m2Exceptional character 4-plex with development potential on one of Rockland’s most coveted streets. This 1898 home was built atop one of the highest points in Victoria, earning it the moniker “The Eyrie”. Renovated by Samuel Maclure in 1912 and subsequently converted in 1960, this home now boasts 7 beds / 5 baths across 4 unique suites plus a separate wired outbuilding (currently being used as a music studio). Residents enjoy an abundance of space and classic details such as coffered ceilings, stained glass windows, and wainscoting. The location is near perfect with a walk score of 72 and bike score of 77. It neighbours a city park and is steps from the Fort St corridor - connecting major bus routes from Downtown to UVIC. Developers and builders take note: there is a large, flat undeveloped backyard on this 0.5 acre lot. Buyers are encouraged to do their due diligence with the City of Victoria about future expansion opportunities. More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Chatterton
11 949 Pemberton Road in VICTORIA: Vi Rockland Row/Townhouse for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 423608
11 949 Pemberton Road Vi Rockland VICTORIA V8S 3R5$699,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,017 sq. ft.187 m2Rarely do Townhouses become available in this desirable and well managed complex located in the heart of the Rocklands area. This 3 Bdrm, 3 Bath, 3 Level end unit home is located within walking distance of Oak Bay Ave., Government House, Dallas Rd Waterfront and the Downtown Area. This quiet homes main level includes an eat in kitchen, living room with gas fire place and separate dining room. Upstairs features three bedrooms a four piece bathroom and a three piece ensuite. The bonus is here is the full basement that includes a large rec-room and a large unfinished space with a separate entrance, tons of storage for bikes or kayaks. Outside is a private yard and a large front patio. Bring your decorating ideas . Two parking stalls included. This home has had no one living in it for the past two weeks now so it is ok to show. More detailsListed by Holmes Realty Ltd
1025 Joan Crescent in VICTORIA: Vi Rockland Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 423536
1025 Joan Crescent Vi Rockland VICTORIA V8S 3L3$1,699,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,303 sq. ft.307 m2Located on one of Rocklands most beautiful streets between Craigdarroch castle and the Government House, this 1913 P. Leonard James home is situated on a private, park like 15000+ sq ft lot. Charming porte cochere and grand front entrance opens the door to a large foyer leading to a huge living room with fireplace. At one end of the living room is a spacious formal dining room. At the other end, a set of French doors leading onto a generous southwest facing verandah overlooking beautiful gardens. Also on the main floor, a good sized kitchen, powder room, and cozy den with fireplace. Go up the elegant staircase and you will find five large charming bedrooms, one with its own fireplace (another with sink and shower), and a large bathroom. The basement offers opportunity for further development. This beautiful, light filled residence has been in the same family for almost sixty years and represents a once in a lifetime opportunity. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.