Greater Victoria Areas
1016 Verrinder Avenue in VICTORIA: Vi Rockland Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 405291$1,168,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,576 sq. ft.332 m2This 1912-built 7 bdrm, 3 bthrm Rockland area home is loaded with charm and character. There are wood beam ceilings on the main floor, stained glass windows, and a large separate dining room with fp perfect for family occasions. There are built-in cabinets and bookshelves, 4 bedrooms upstairs including one with a vaulted ceiling and skylights, a loft area for extra storage, and antique light fixtures. At times, you may think you have walked into an art gallery here. You'll find 5 wood burning fireplaces in the home, and two stacks. There is a heat pump, 200 amp service, and a couple of extra rooms on the main floor too. The expansive, private back deck includes a wisteria-covered trellis. Downstairs you'll find a 2 br suite which is currently tenanted, with separate washer/dryer. All this, surrounded by oak trees, and just minutes from both downtown Victoria and Oak Bay. More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Oak Bay
5 914 St. Charles Street in VICTORIA: Vi Rockland Townhouse for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 405170$795,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,412 sq. ft.131 m2OPEN HOUSE Sunday, February 17, 1:00-3:00! For those interested in finding a residence that is truly unique & offers a casual elegance & old world flair you have found a new home! Located in a prime Rockland neighbourhood this grand Tudor & Georgian Revival, 'Bannavern' c 1910, offers a 2 level townhouse with original character & charm! On main floor find a grand Porte-Cochere with your own private entry, kitchen & eating area with many windows & gas stove, stained glass, laundry & two piece bthrm. Enter expansive Living & Dining Rooms with 10' ceilings, gorgeous fir floors, gas fireplace & picture windows with views to the gardens. Upstairs find 2 bdrms & full bthrm that open onto a large, sensational deck with SW exposure & offers tranquility & privacy. Professionally Managed & Depreciation Report is done! Great neighbours & sense of community. Storage & parking on the grounds. Incredibly central with all amenities within walking distance yet quiet & peaceful location. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
1751 Patly Place in VICTORIA: Vi Rockland Single Family Detached for sale (Victoria) : MLS®# 404859$1,389,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,049 sq. ft.283 m2Welcome to The Oaks. Warm and inviting describes this well-designed executive family home situated at the end of a charming and quiet culdesac in the heart of beautiful Rockland. Loaded with character and function, this traditional yet modern plan greets with a dramatic entryway, lovely living room, formal dining and art inspired glass staircase. With 4 bedrooms, 4 baths, separate living/family rooms and a master with huge walk-in closet that can be converted into a nursery, this home has the space and layout to meet your needs. Explore potential for mortgage-helper income, accommodate the teen or welcome extended family to live in what is now a licensed vacation rental. Featuring warm oak floors, expansive remodeled kitchen w-gleaming granite, Oak cabinets, high-end stainless appliances, eating bar and a high efficiency wood burning stove. A rear deck offers easy bbqs, spectacular sunrises, eye-catching outlooks and is highlighted by majestic oaks and low-maint perennial gardens. More detailsListed by Macdonald Realty Ltd. (Sid) and RE/MAX Camosun
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.