SE QueenswoodSaanich East
Greater Victoria Areas
2695 Queenswood Dr in Saanich: SE Queenswood House for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 904062
2695 Queenswood Dr SE Queenswood Saanich V8N 1X6$3,295,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,402 sq. ft.316 m2A most rare and cherished 1935 period home, wonderfully positioned within 1.5 acres of magical gardens and woodland in picturesque Queenswood. Country living within the city affords the ultimate in privacy with walking trails and beaches just steps away. This beautifully refurbished character home personifies simple grandeur with its timeless design. Set amongst mature gardens, beautiful lawns and woodlands, the 3,400 square foot residence features 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 fireplaces, immaculately refinished, original inlaid oak flooring, french doors, sun-filled principle rooms and a spacious kitchen with a charming breakfast nook. The full height, walk out lower level opens to expansive gardens, lawns, greenhouse and woodland. This rare and private property is still just minutes away from shops, sandy beaches, the University of Victoria, and nearby golf courses. A rare lifetime opportunity awaits those who cherish a private, quiet and magical home. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
2717 Queenswood Dr in Saanich: SE Queenswood House for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 902910
2717 Queenswood Dr SE Queenswood Saanich V8N 1X6$2,500,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,982 sq. ft.277 m2Open House Sunday July 3, 12:00- 1:30 pm! Queenswood Delight! Beautiful 1930's home built on majestic 1.26 acre property, one of the first to be developed in the rich history of the Queenswood area. Lived in, loved, and maintained by one family for the past 58 years. Spacious living areas built for lavish entertaining, yet a perfect family home with primary suite on main and 4 bedrooms up with sun drenched deck. You will love the layout and original features of this home, hardwood floors and extensive windows looking out into the amazing greenery in your surrounding property. Substantial gardens, patios and secret spots for quiet reflection will calm your soul. Spacious garage with workbench and storage areas, a greenhouse, potting area and deer fenced around the back half of the property. Originally built by Johnny Schnarr to be close to Telegraph Bay, where his Rumrunner Kitnayakwa was moored only 500 feet away. Bring this beautiful home up to 2022, this is a very rare package. More detailsListed by Sotheby's International Realty Canada
2620 Queenswood Dr in Saanich: SE Queenswood House for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 900792
2620 Queenswood Dr SE Queenswood Saanich V8N 1X5$6,450,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,240 sq. ft.301 m2Spectacular 1.98 Acre Queenswood Waterfront. This exceptional waterfront is on a secluded bay with views to Salt Spring Island, the Gulf Islands and Mount Baker. The property is mostly level and sloping with private oceanfront access. Two homes are currently located on the property, one built in 1936 plus a beautiful waterfront cottage at waters edge. An extraordinary property that has been lived in by four generations of the same family for over 69 years. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity in area of high end homes -This is an area of prestigious homes with winding roads that feel like private country living but has all the conveniences nearby. Close to UVIC, Gyro park and Cadboro Bay Village. Current zoning is residential RS-16. Possible sub-division, buyer to do own investigations and due diligence. More detailsListed by Team 3000 Realty Ltd
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.