Shawnigan LakeMalahat & Area
Greater Victoria Areas
1600 West Shawnigan Lake Road in SHAWNIGAN LAKE: ML Shawnigan Lake Single Family Detached for sale (Malahat & Area) : MLS®# 421237$850,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,827 sq. ft.356 m2A peaceful winding driveway leads to this completely remodelled Shawnigan Lake home. West Coast style with all the charm including wood floors vaulted ceilings $ skylights. On either side of the foyer there is a beautiful office & loft guest bedroom. Large great room with a cozy wood burning fireplace with ample room to spread out and look out to the forest beyond, a hidden door in the rock work leads to a large rec. room with an unfinished loft above. The kitchen is the hub of the house with a massive island. The master has large bay windows to watch the wildlife around while having complete privacy. Downstairs the options are endless one wing offers potential for a gym or additional bedroom while the other could host a two bedroom suite. Outside on the acreage is a large wrap around deck, raised garden beds, a creek with arched bridge leading to a bunkhouse amongst the apple trees. New septic, electric furnace, in-floor heat, tons of extra storage and built in vacuum More detailsListed by RE/MAX Alliance
2634 Kia Crescent in SHAWNIGAN LAKE: ML Shawnigan Lake Single Family Detached for sale (Malahat & Area) : MLS®# 421041$608,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,291 sq. ft.213 m2Welcome home! A handsome 3 bed 2 bath family home with lots of room to grow. Large and bright 600sf loft looks down on an open kitchen, with vaulted ceilings. This quality home features hard surface floors, master with walk-in closet and 4 pc ensuite. Attic space provides terrific seasonal storage. Outside features include an attached 2 car garage, hidden second driveway with ample parking for your Boat, RV, or both! The large fenced lot backs on to a quiet hiking trail in the trees, assuring privacy and adventure. Walking distance to town, the lake, and an easy drive to Duncan (22 minutes) or Victoria (37 minutes). More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
2620 Timber Ridge Road in SHAWNIGAN LAKE: ML Shawnigan Lake Single Family Detached for sale (Malahat & Area) : MLS®# 421083$749,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,626 sq. ft.151 m2Rancher Alert! Beautiful 2017 built 3 bed 2 bath one level on a private and tranquil 2.5 acres in Timber Ridge Estates. Bright and spacious open concept living-kitchen-dining area features engineered hardwood floors, SS appliances, granite counter-tops and a gas fireplace. Off the living room, french doors lead you to a sun-drenched south facing fully fenced backyard. Master bedroom has a lovely 5 pce en-suite and a large walk-in closet. Heated floors in both bathrooms. Separate laundry room. Double CAR Garage and plenty of additional parking and space for more SHOPS. Hot water on demand. Wired for home audio system and security cameras. Lawn was recently seeded. This is the perfect move-in ready family home and won’t last long. CALL TODAY TO VIEW ! More detailsListed by RE/MAX Alliance
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.