South Oak BayOak Bay
Greater Victoria Areas
2133 Windsor Road in VICTORIA: OB South Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 429588
2133 Windsor Road OB South Oak Bay VICTORIA V8S 3C4$1,875,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,867 sq. ft.266 m2Brand new executive home in idyllic South Oak Bay. The thoughtful 2900 sq ft floorplan offers 6 BR + 4 BA w/exceptional finishing & designer fixtures throughout. Custom features such as a metal roof, laminated windows, Smart Home audio/lighting/surveillance, 8ft solid core doors & EV charger set this energy efficient home apart from most. Enter the main floor through a sleek 8ft fir door to find 9 ft ceilings, office/BR, media rm, stylish powder rm, dining rm & open concept living rm w/ gas f/p + chef’s kitchen w/premium Viking appliances. A stunning glass staircase leads up to a functional family layout with the master BR w/vaulted ceilings, gorgeous ensuite, 2 more BR, BA & laundry. Lower level has a 2nd kitchen & laundry, 2 BR, BA, gas f/p & private entry. Ideal space for kids/teens, in-laws, guests, income suite/ vacation rental. Only 2 blocks to all amenities of Oak Bay Ave. and a short walk to Windsor Park, Oak Bay Marina & Willows Beach. Close to the best public/private schools. More detailsListed by Fair Realty
2184 Lafayette Street in VICTORIA: OB South Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 429587
2184 Lafayette Street OB South Oak Bay VICTORIA V8S 2P1$1,100,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,737 sq. ft.161 m2An incredible opportunity here on one of the quietest streets you'll find in South Oak Bay. 2184 Lafayette Street. Built in '39, this 2-4 bedroom, 1737Sq.Ft. home has created lasting memories for the current family for years. Wonderful charm still exists with period details like inlay oak hardwood floors, vintage glass door hardware, lovely built in cabinetry in the formal family room, fireplace & more. While not a massive home - there is plenty of room for those not wanting to downsize to strata living! The main entry level offers two beds + formal dining room, living room, bath & kitchen. Lower level has 2 more bedrooms and blank canvas for creating your own space for perhaps a media room or art studio. Detached garage. Great outdoor spaces to enjoy & steps to other local hotspots like McNeill Bay, Lafayette Park, Demitasse Bistro. With a lot size just under 8,000 Sq.Ft - there's also an opportunity to start a new here as well. A lovely part of Oak Bay to call home. Be Quick! More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
498 Beach Drive in VICTORIA: OB South Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 429583
498 Beach Drive OB South Oak Bay VICTORIA V8R 6H4$2,995,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,604 sq. ft.335 m2South Oak Bay "Beach House" perched up high on the slope of Anderson Hill, with stunning Panoramic Views of the Ocean & Olympic Mountains. This beautiful 4 Bed/ 4 Bath Character home has been meticulously updated while in keeping its original charm, offering Quality Woodwork & Gleaming Hardwood Floors. On the main Level, there is Contemporary Kitchen w access to the Backyard Patio, Spectacular Water Views of Mcneill Bay from the Dining, Family & Living room & a Bedroom/ Den & Full Bath. Upstairs there is a Master Bedroom w a luxury Ensuite, Walk in Closet & Private Water View Balcony, Full bathroom & two more bedrooms. On the lower level there is a another Full bathroom, Family/ Media/ Hobby room, Laundry Room & a finished Water View Garage/ Studio/ Gym Space. Located in a very coveted & prestigious enclave of homes along the coast. You can paddleboard from your doorstep, walk to Victoria Golf Course & Oak Bay Village & there are great Public/ Private Schools in the neighborhood too. More detailsListed by Newport Realty Ltd.
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.