South Oak BayOak Bay
Greater Victoria Areas
204 2119 Oak Bay Avenue in VICTORIA: OB South Oak Bay Condo Apartment for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 408435$790,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,552 sq. ft.144 m2OH: April 20 & 21: 2-4pm: West facing into the gardens, concrete & steel condo, in the coveted Huntsman, in Oak Bay Village. This well maintained building is renowned for its larger than normal floor plans. Just over 1550 sq.ft. - this is the largest floor plan in the building with 2 bedrooms, plus large den or 3rd bedroom, 2 fully renovated bathrooms (heated tile floors, walk-in showers, quartz counters), 2 generous balconies, flow-through living/dining area with stone fireplace. Well equipped kitchen with heaps of counter space & storage. Insuite laundry. The building boasts gorgeous gardens, a common lounge and library, secure underground parking, impressive workshop and large storage lockers. Two guest suites available for owners to rent. A wonderfully quiet building & remarkable offering in a first class neighbourhood. Convenience abounds: Oak Bay Village is easy walking distance to shops, dining, banking, transit. Be quick! This likely won't last long in this amazing location. More detailsListed by Engel & Völkers Vancouver Island
479 Monterey Avenue in VICTORIA: OB South Oak Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 408413$1,750,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,900 sq. ft.269 m2Welcome to 479 Monterey Ave. Located in sought after South Oak Bay, steps to Beach Dr. & popular McNeill Bay. Enjoy a short stroll to Oak Bay Ave, and all it has to offer w/shops, banks, offices, restaurants & more. Conveniently situated across the street from Lafayette Park & close to the best in public & private schools. This charming family friendly home is set on a 10,530 sqft flat lot, great for kids & pets, gardeners and those who love to entertain. This updated home offers a timeless kitchen w/stainless steel appliances, bright sunroom that over looks the back deck/yard w/ views of the ocean. The main floor also offers a formal living/dining room as well as another space perfect for an office/study equipped w/a cozy gas fire place. Upstairs you will find the layout every family is looking for w/ 3 well sized bdrms w/ the master bdrm offering amazing views of the ocean & Olympic Mountains. The lower level has plenty of storage, a garage and a self contained in law accommodation. More detailsListed by The Agency
202 1420 Beach Drive in VICTORIA: OB South Oak Bay Condo Apartment for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 408329$749,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,336 sq. ft.124 m2Open House Saturday, April 20th 2:30-4:30. A wonderful opportunity to live at the waterfront of Oak Bay. This 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite has water views from every main room in the condo. Enjoy your morning coffee on the 130 square foot deck, while you look out at Oak Bay Marina and the Olympic Mountains beyond. This building is run like a well oiled machine; the caretaker is available weekdays, and the co-op board is well organized and well run. With a great adult oriented community, enjoy your new lifestyle with this social group of residents. All the amenities of Oak Bay Village and the marina are at your doorstep. The suite has been freshly painted, the kitchen was updated in 2004 and the bathroom was re-done in 2006. Every room has been well kept, and pride of ownership abounds not just in the building as a whole, but in the suite. More detailsListed by Sotheby's International Realty Canada
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.