SW Portage InletSaanich West
Greater Victoria Areas
2890 Glenwood Ave in Saanich: SW Portage Inlet House for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 906425
2890 Glenwood Ave SW Portage Inlet Saanich V9A 2S2$1,350,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,318 sq. ft.122 m2As soon as you pass over the footbridge, you can leave all of your stresses behind as you enter into your own magical hidden oasis. Live simply in this charming 2 bedroom character home, or build your dream waterfront home on this 9500 sq foot lot with incredible views over Portage Inlet. Designed to capture views from most rooms in the house, you can enjoy watching kayakers and nature as you lounge in your living room with fireplace, from the moment you wake up from your massive, private primary bedroom on the upper level through a huge picture window, or while you eat dinner gazing out at your view through the oak trees. Enjoy beautiful sunsets while you sit down on your private dock with small changing/storage shed at waters edge. All of this close to shopping, multiple bike and bus routes and amenities. This property will not disappoint so arrange your viewing today! More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
1006 Dunkirk Lane in Saanich: SW Portage Inlet House for sale (Saanich West) : MLS®# 900255
1006 Dunkirk Lane SW Portage Inlet Saanich V9A 2H5$1,275,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,019 sq. ft.280 m2Welcome to 1006 Dunkirk Lane. Located within steps of the Gorge waterway, this 6 bed, 3 bath home is perfect for families or investors. Upstairs has 3 beds and 2 baths, with multiple living spaces and a spacious front deck. The lower level is a fully separate 3 bed suite, with a large updated kitchen complete with slate flooring, a covered patio space, and a fenced backyard. The home has 3,000 sq ft of living space, full-height ceilings throughout, and nicely separated bedrooms for peace and quiet. The exterior of the home boasts a metal roof, brick accents and stone masonry, ample carport and driveway space, and a new vinyl upper deck with cedar railings. This private 12,000+ sq ft property has mature gardens and peek-a-boo water views. Craigflower Elementary School is across the street and the Admirals Walk Shopping Centre is a short walk. Move into the spacious main/upper floor and leave the lower floor rented for $2521 and forget about what interest rates are doing! More detailsListed by DFH Real Estate Ltd.
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.