Swan LakeSaanich East
Greater Victoria Areas
878 Darwin Avenue in VICTORIA: SE Swan Lake Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 408429$729,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,762 sq. ft.164 m2Charming character home centrally located minutes to the Galloping Goose trail, Swan Lake sanctuary, shopping and amenities. Upon entering you will feel at home ready to unwind from your day. A major renovation was completed in 2003 to accommodate a master bedroom with ensuite, increase footprint of rooms, and so many upgrades to include windows, wiring, plumbing, insulation, kitchen, landscaping and so much more. Recently sanded hardwood floors and abundance of light flood the home. A mature garden has been tenderly cared for over the years with mature shrubs, vegetable area, and a generous green space. Enjoy sitting on the enlarged deck from the renovation to enjoy those morning coffees and summer dinners in complete privacy. The bonus is a separate studio suite - perfect for family members to come and visit. This home has so much to offer and is ready for the new owner. Book your appointment today! More detailsListed by Day Team Realty Ltd
308 898 Vernon Avenue in VICTORIA: SE Swan Lake Condo Apartment for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 408448$415,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 839 sq. ft.78 m2This bright, sunny unit has been well maintained with newer Alberta Pine laminate floors in living area and kitchen. The living-dining room has an inviting propane fireplace and pass-through galley style kitchen with room for a small table and chairs. The spacious master bedroom easily fits your king-sized bed and features a large double closet and 4 piece en-suite. A smaller second bedroom is perfect for a child, office or as a guest room. The suite features in-suite laundry and includes a storage unit and a large parking space conveniently situated near the elevator. Located near Uptown Centre and close to Swan Lake/Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary, jogging trails and accessible to Highway #1 Up-island and Highway #17 to the ferries and on major bus routes. Currently rented to long term tenants who love the unit and are interested in remaining as your tenants. However, they understand if you are looking for your new dream condo and are prepared to move if necessary. More detailsListed by Century 21 Queenswood Realty Ltd.
16 3981 Nelthorpe Street in VICTORIA: SE Swan Lake Townhouse for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 407690$510,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,180 sq. ft.110 m2This nicely updated, bright and spacious end unit townhouse is the ideal starter home! Main floor features lots of windows, wood floors in living and dining rooms, slate tile in kitchen and powder bath and updated kitchen, open to the dining room, with plenty of counter space and cupboards. Upstairs features a large master bedroom with walk-in closet, plus two more good-sized bedrooms, 4 piece bath with marble tile floors and soaker tub, and conveniently located laundry and extra storage. The complex is in a great location for the lifestyle conscious buyer! Step out to the hiking and running trails of Swan Lake and Christmas Hill, or pedal over to the Lochside and Galloping Goose bike trails. Easy access to UVic, both highways, groceries, and Uptown. Strata allows 2 pets (no size restrictions) and with two private fully fenced outdoor patio areas, along with large grassy common area, this well-priced townhouse is ideal for your family and pets. This won't last long! More detailsListed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Oak Bay
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.