Swan LakeSaanich East
Greater Victoria Areas
936 Darwin Avenue in VICTORIA: SE Swan Lake Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 424187
936 Darwin Avenue SE Swan Lake VICTORIA V8X 2X9$598,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,590 sq. ft.148 m2Terrific starter home in a handy, family friendly neighbourhood. Your new home backs onto Tolmie Park (playground, pickleball, basketball court) and features fir floors, vinyl windows, huge modern sunroom, heat pump (air conditions as well), 200 Amp electrical service and lots of outdoor privacy. The basement varies in height from 5’5” to 5’11” and is perfect for storage, workshop or a cool hangout area for your kids. Lots of off-street parking (room for your RV) and you are a short stroll to 4 parks, Uptown Shopping Mall, Bin 4 Burger Lounge, Thrifty Foods, and the Swan Lake Nature Sanctuary. This is currently the lowest priced home in Saanich E. (listed $50,600 below BC Assessment) appointments to view easily arranged and quick possession is possible. Please make sure you review floor plans, virtual tours, and drive-by before booking a showing (COVID protocol). More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
3 1030 Hulford Street in VICTORIA: SE Swan Lake Row/Townhouse for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 426015
3 1030 Hulford Street SE Swan Lake VICTORIA V8X 3B6$698,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,092 sq. ft.194 m2BEAUTIFUL TOWNHOME- Nestled in a park like setting and perfect for the downsizer, this unit offers large, open floor plan. Main floor gives you Master bedroom on the main with newer 3 piece ensuite with heated floors and walk in closet. Spacious living room and dining room combo with gas fireplace and durable flooring throughout the main area. Kitchen is bright and plentiful of cupboard space and room to create your culinary masterpiece. Upper level offers a den that could easily be your guest bedroom with its own balcony. Lower level gives you a second bedroom, upgraded 4 piece bathroom and a family room with doorway to the large private balcony. Loads of storage space. Located in a very quiet neighbourhood near the Galloping Goose Trail, shopping, many amenities and recreation. More detailsListed by RE/MAX Camosun
849 Leslie Drive in VICTORIA: SE Swan Lake Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 423208
849 Leslie Drive SE Swan Lake VICTORIA V8X 2Y3$724,900Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,152 sq. ft.107 m2Character, Quality, and Charm! Well cared for and comfortable one-level Home tucked away behind a white picket fence on a quiet, no-through street! Offering three Bedrooms or two Bedrooms and Den, one Bathroom, Large Living Room with Cozy Wood Stove, Dining Area with Built-in Table and Bench, Spacious Kitchen with Stove, Fridge and Dishwasher, Laundry Room/Back Porch plus a bonus Detached Studio/Workshop or Potential Garden Suite! The Mature Garden has nice defined spaces, Storage Sheds, Sunny Southern Exposure, and loads of potential...it's a Home you and your family will love! Featuring Gleaming fir floors and Gas Furnace, New 200 Amp Electrical Service in 2016, plus a New Roof in 2009 as well! Conveniently located only steps from the Galloping Goose Trail, Uptown Mall, Swan Lake Nature Sanctuary, Public Library, and Public Transit. Easy to View - Call Today! More detailsListed by Century 21 Queenswood Realty Ltd.
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.