Greater Victoria Areas
2810 Lansdowne Road in VICTORIA: OB Uplands Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 423839
2810 Lansdowne Road OB Uplands VICTORIA V8R 3P9$4,450,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 9,034 sq. ft.839 m2This sprawling 9,000 sq ft Oak Bay manor is set on a flat .625 lot, affording privacy & serenity. Constructed in 2016, every inch is pristine and the amenities are state of the art. The main offers a chef’s kitchen & adjacent family room, a formal dining room, a scholarly office & library, a grand living room & 2 bathrooms. The upper level is ideally laid out, with a generous master with ensuite & walk-in closet, 2 bedrooms with ensuites & an additional 2 bedrooms sharing a jack & jill bathroom. The basement provides an entertainment haven with an upscale media room with wet bar, a wine cellar, a guest room & bathroom and fitness amenities including a gym, sauna & hot tub. Set on the corner of Lansdowne and Ripon, this home is perfectly situated to enjoy nearby beaches, nature parks & trails, the Royal Victoria Yacht Club, Uplands Golf club, with the convenience of downtown Victoria & the Inner Harbour only minutes away. More detailsListed by Engel & Völkers Vancouver Island - Oak Bay
3280 Beach Drive in VICTORIA: OB Uplands Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 423650
3280 Beach Drive OB Uplands VICTORIA V8R 6M1$2,368,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,941 sq. ft.273 m2Prime location in Victoria's most prestigious neighbourhood across from the Royal Victoria Yacht Club & Loon Bay Park. A charming, almost 3,000 sq.ft. bungalow, offers enticing ocean peeks. Floor-to-ceiling windows & multiple skylights bathe the home in all-day sunshine. Loved over the years, there are attractive original elements to give it character while some modern upgrades offer convenience. Light-filled spacious & elegant living room with a vaulted ceiling & attractive wood burning fireplace with natural gas igniter. French doors open from the country style kitchen & dining room to the private sun-swept SW facing paved patio. The master suite with ocean views is a generous size with updated ensuite bathroom & gas fireplace. The garage has been repurposed as a bedroom but could easily revert back. With little effort, the beautifully landscaped level,0.42 acre garden, can return to its original glorious state. A perfect canvas for your dream home.COVID safety precautions in effect. More detailsListed by Sotheby's International Realty Canada
2538 Nottingham Road in VICTORIA: OB Uplands Single Family Detached for sale (Oak Bay) : MLS®# 421819
2538 Nottingham Road OB Uplands VICTORIA V8R 6C5$2,400,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,854 sq. ft.265 m2A fabulous opportunity to purchase a 0.64 acre (over 28,000 square ft) building lot in the Uplands. The current home is rented out and has always been an easy rental. Construct your home plans while this home generates rental income. Set high on Nottingham and offering ocean glimpses currently, but likely to have even more views with your new home, this mid century bungalow is located across the road from Nottingham Park, down the road from Uplands Park (76 acres of amazing walking trails), minutes to Willows Beach, Willows School, St Michael's, bus routes and 7-10 mins to downtown. Enjoy coffee shops, walking & ocean without sacrificing the true Upland's feel. If you are a golfer the Uplands Golf Course is up the street and Victoria Golf Club is just mins driving. Rarely will a fabulous building lot come available with a great rental option on it! Call now! More detailsListed by The Agency
Please note - when buying a home you do NOT pay any fees for my buying services.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with many decisions! Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Even before you start your search to buy a home - you should obtain pre-approval for your mortgage. I can help you do this and here's why ...
* By getting pre-approved you'll have a better idea how much you can borrow, how much you can afford and the cost of your monthly mortgage payments.
* If you decide to choose a fixed interest rate mortage you are guaranteed that rate for the 90-day pre-approval period.
* When you decide to make an offer you will be able to act more quickly because you have been pre-approved. Call me and I will refer you to a mortgage professional that has an excellent reputation and track record for successfully acquiring loan approval for his/her clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing Service system to locate them. I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even search my listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and inspections, and close on the transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is pleasant, cost-efficient, and successful.
The various charges can add up and for the most part they are all legally required payments in buying a property. These payments include:
1. Legal fees: Legal representation is important. Most legal fees include searching the title of a property, arranging a property survey if necessary, and handling other disbursements as required.
2. Mortgage Insurance and Application Fee: This type of insurance is required on all mortgage loans in excess of 75% of the appraised property value. Its purpose is to ensure that the lender will not lose money if you cannot make your mortgage payments and the value of your property is not sufficient to repay your mortgage debt. The insurance premium is paid to the lender and ranges from % to 3.75% of the loan value; however, in most cases this premium is added to the loan amount, and paid for over the term of the loan.
3. Property Insurance: this insurance covers the replacement value of your home and its contents. Most mortgage lenders will require proof that you have this insurance before processing a mortgage. The lending institution may also require an appraisal of the property before approving your loan; the cost may be your responsibility.
4. Home Inspection: a professional home inspector knows what to look for and can confirm or add to the information you have gleaned from the REALTOR® or your inspection.
5. Property Transfer Tax: Understand your taxes. The amount of tax you pay is based on the fair market value of the land and improvements (e.g. buildings) on the date of registration. The tax is charged at a rate of:
1. 1% on the first $200,000,
2. 2% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $200,000 and up to and including $2,000,000, and
3. 3% on the portion of the fair market value greater than $2,000,000.
There are special regulations for first time buyers in B.C.
6. Property Tax: You will have to reimburse the sellers for your share of the year's taxes if they have already paid them in full. Property taxes are calculated from January - December, and are paid in June. The Newly Built Home Exemption reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase a newly built home. You may check out details on this page: BC Government Exemptions.
7. Extra charges: the Lending institution may also require a Survey. You will be responsible for the cost.
8. Hook-ups: there may be charges required for appliances and services such as telephone, TV cable, hydro and other utilities.
9. Moving costs: don't forget basic costs involved in moving from your old into your new home.
Just remember to add the closing costs to your financial plan when saving to buy a home. If you need a list of legal advisors who specialize in real estate please Contact me: 250-893-1016 (Direct)
If you wish to receive up-to-the-minute listings within your own search criteria, please contact me to set up your personal automatic search. You will receive all the latest listings in your area of choice - by Email.